Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Teen outing :)

Hello :) and good afternoon. Are ya'll having a good day? :0) I do hope so!
This last week has been rather fun! I completed a skirt I had been working on off-and-on all week and am quite happy with how it turned out. :) I used a pateren for making it and am looking forward to starting on another one and doing a little tweaking to it.
Saturday Faith had a teen outing... :)
The weather could not have possibly been any better. The leaves where changing colors, the air was crisp (but not freezing), the sky was blue. :) and Trevor came!!!
We went to Sky Top to pick/buy some apples.

And did a good bit of goofing off in front of the camera.

It was a blast!
~~~~
Then, after finishing there we headed out for DuPont Forest.
Twice a year once in the spring and again in the fall the FODF (Friends of DuPont Forest) offer shuttle bus rides to some of the water falls as a fund raiser.
Not all of the the teens were able to make the trip. :( We missed them.

We were told over and over not to step on any wet rocks because when wet they become very slippery. Trevor and I saw one guy who proved this point quite well. Poor guy, it was chilly out and he was totally soaked. We saw him again about thirty minutes after he had fallen in and he looked miserable!


:) I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Have a great Day!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun, Thelma! Those waterfalls are really pretty!

Thelma said...

Oh yes Lydia it was a ton of fun! The waterfalls were very pretty, and the wind blowing the leaves across the path in front of you as you walked... :) I love this time of year!!! I wake up to the crisp cold air outside of my nice warm blankets and it puts a smile on my face.
:) I'm really glad you liked the bracelets. I had a lot of fun making them for you. I always look forward to you comments. Thank you for taking the time to. They are always so encouraging to hear. I hope you have a GREAT day Lydia. :)
(And thank you very much for birthday wishes.)

Anonymous said...

This trip was a lot of fun Thelma I'm glad you let me go with you. I would love to go back and do some more hiking sometime.

Trevor

Thelma said...

:) Trevor I thank you for coming with me! The trip would not have been the same without you. :) More hiking sounds like fun. If you do can I come to???

Ashley said...

In hopes that you might do another post here soon :o) I've tagged you to list six random things about yourself! You can find details over at my blog. :o)
~Ashley