Friday, August 8, 2008

:) Work, Coffee, Hemp, and Flowers (what I've been working on)

Hello. How are ya'll doing today? :) So far my day has been wonderful. We have a great, wonderful, and awesome God! This week up at Faith we are having VBS. :) It has been fun. We took some pictures but I don't have them with me so, I'll do a post on it sometime next week. But for now, here is little bit of what I've been doing.
:) Does this look familiar??? We have some really BIG print jobs for some schools we are working on here at work. Dear crazy old Sam (as Anna affectionately calls him) has been doing a great deal of the work. The printing is going well. As of right know we've only called the printer tech. once and he was able to fix the problem the first visit.
:) Sam went to Starbucks this morning and came back with some goodies!!!

Thank you Sam!!!

The last couple of weeks I've had the urge to make something... At times it can be rather interesting what I end up with. A couple of years ago Aunt Ola (my moms youngest sister) taught me how to make hemp jewelry. :) It's really easy, all you are doing is tying knots. It has been awhile since I have made any so I thought it was about time. I don't like wearing it, it itches my wrist and neck and drives me crazy! I enjoy making it and giving it away. :) Let me know if you would like any.
The bracelet above is my favorite pattern. :) Trevor very sweetly held the end of it and handed me beads when I was working on it over at his house Tuesday night. It was a really big help. :) Thank you Trevor.
These two are just random. I think the one below looks like smiley faces.
~
The UPS dress code is black or tan(... I've almost worn all of my tan skirts out. :)). So I made one. It looked rather plain so I decided to add some flowers. I bought a black skirt about a year ago that had flowers on it which is where I got the idea. I've been wanting to try it for awhile so I gave it a shot. Here is how it came out.




:o) I like this flower the best. And I'm very happy with the way it turned out. :) I might do it again sometime.
(Shhhh Adah's birthday is coming up. Do you think it would be something she would like???)
~

:)
:) Have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thelma you are very creative. I really did enjoy holding your bracelet the other night as you worked on it:)

Anonymous said...

Those bracelets are really pretty Thelma! If you have extras, I'd be more than happy to take one off your hands. :-) I like that pic of you and Trevor. Where was it taken?

Thelma said...

Hey Lydia,
:) I was looking through my box of "stuff" and I found a couple bracelets that need homes and thought of you... :( but you left no way for me to contact you.
If you see this and would still like one, could you e-mail me your wrist measurement and a way to get in touch with you to blueydbkfrk@aol.com???
:) I like that picture too... come to think of it I don't know of any that I don't like of him. Anna Tyndall took it for us at church one Sunday.
Hope to hear from you.
~Thelma

Thelma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thelma,
Cool! I'd love one! I'll send you an email. I have a picture of you and Trevor, from camp. I think all the ones of y'all together are really good. :-) Thanks!
~~~Lydia