Sunday, June 22, 2008

Trip to Wolf Lake


:) Hello I'm glad to be back in town again... although I really would not have minded staying a little longer. Hey, but I can get cell phone reception now!!! :)




On Wednesday, we (Consie, Howard, the four children, Vanessa, and I) left SC with a car loaded down with food (and very, very yummy food at that!).

Sunday we returned... :) Here are some pictures from our little trip I hope you will enjoy.


We stayed in a very nice huge house on Wolf Lake in NC. The weather was awesome the high was 68, at night it dropped to about 45... :) and best of all the water felt absolutely wonderful!!!



The room I stayed in

:) I had a room inside of the house all to myself (+ Charity for a couple of nights.) It was a great place to curl up and read in the late mornings... :) I don't think I woke up before 8 once while we were there. It was nice for a change.

Howard reading
The house had a great view off the back porch. Which was also a good place for reading, thinking, working on sudoku puzzles, :0) or just doing nothing.
Just in case you might have wanted to know here is a random fact... I really like porches!!!


The Weather really was about prefect.

On Saturday we spent a good bit of time on the pontoon boat just having fun.

:) I love look on Ryan's face.

I was in the tube and the kids were watching from the back of the boat.



The guys stopped to swim for a little bit. Then they drifted the boat over where some trees had fallen into the water and went about fishing.


Here is the fish Vanessa caught.


The lake was really clear and you could see the fish swimming around toward the bottom. There were some really big ones down there.


After getting wet I was a little chilly and Vanessa very sweetly let me wear her dry shirt. While they were fishing I found a comfortable place and continued reading my book (Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen)... with a couple interruptions consisting of a little boy, tree branches, and Caroline with a camera. It was a lot of fun!!!
:0) And of course, before we left we had to have some family pictures taken.


:) Thank you Consie!!!
So, after hearing about my trip would you like to go???

3 comments:

ARTSIE said...

YES! I want to go... oh, I was THERE - yeah me!!! And it WAS SO MUCH FUN:)!!
love'ya!

Anonymous said...

That does sound like fun! The room you stayed in looked very comfortable! Glad you had safe travels and a good time!
~Lydia

Anonymous said...

Cell phone reception is nice to have I'm glad your back:) I really like the picture of the fish.