Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Getting caught up. :)

We did not have a cedar tree this year!!!
It's a lot easier to decorate a tree when the branches are strong enough to hold them up!!! :)
Trevor was so very sweet and helped me wrap the lights. It would have taken me forever without him!
Benjamin came up from Texas to pay us a visit over the holiday!!! :) I can't remember the last Christmas he was here for. :) It was GREAT to get to see him for a little while... :) He is so Funny!!! When he is around there is always more laughter through out the house.


Here is a picture of all my parents Children...

From left to right you have: Lance, J.E.B., Benjamin, Consie, Sheppard, Me, and Adah.

:) The whole Family minus Consie's Family...

Back row: Consie, Sheppard, and Benjamin. Middle row: Me, Daddy, Mom, and Adah. Up front: Lance and J.E.B. :)


On Christmas Eve all the family gets together, stays up way to0 late and opens presents. :) It's wonderful getting to spend this time with each other!!! Trevor came over this year and celebrated with us.
Here we are handing out gifts.

It's a blurry picture but here is mom with the oldest grandchild Christan. :) They are all getting so big!!!
Ryan chilling in Dads chair and enjoying the back massager. :)

Benjamin and Howard (Consie's Husband).

:) Charity, the youngest of the gremlins as Shepperd fondly enjoys calling them.
Consie had a dentist appointment this morning so she dropped Charity off to hangout with me for a little bit her at work. :) It was a lot of fun having her. I think Sam enjoyed it too!

Daddy taught us how to play set back. His mom and Dad used to play it a lot.

Daddy Reading the Bible before we opened any presents Christmas Day.

The most Wonderful man in the word (... Or at least I think he is)
proposed Christmas Eve. :) We have set the date for March the 28th, 2009... which is 81 days away!!! :) We have lots and lots to do!!! :) It's been a blast!!!
Mrs. Castlebury and I went shopping for fabric this Saturday. :) It took us literally all day but, we got a lot covered. We found all the material for my dress, the flower girls dress, and the bridesmaids dresses. :) Mrs. Castlebury was a huge help... I could NEVER have done it with out her!!!
News on the house... The Sheetrock is all hung and Trevor started putting up trim this last week!!! :) On Friday we went, picked out and ordered the hard wood floors and our wedding bands. :)

We would greatly appreciate your prayers. There is lots to get done and even more decisions to be made.
:) Have a great day!!!!

5 comments:

Updated by Lila Huggins (grandmother) said...

Beautiful Ring.

Hope you'll share finished pictures of the house when it's finished.

These will be some of the most exciting times of your life. Enjoy them! My husband and I have been married 35 years and I've loved everyday of it!

God Bless You both,
Miss Lila in Atlanta

Anonymous said...

By the way, it's proposed. :)

Thelma said...

Miss Lila,
:) Wow 35 years!!! I hope I can say the same thing when we reach that mark... Knowing myself it will only be by the grace of God! He takes good care of his children. We just have to keep seeking him.
:) Thank you for you thoughtful comment.

Thelma

Thelma said...

Anonymous... :) Thank you!

Rebekah said...

HEY Thelma,
I haven't left ya a comment in awhile, so how's all the wedding plans coming along ,it won't be long now!!!!I LOVE YOUR RING, TOO!!!
It's sooo beautiful!
Some girl's get all the luck...
just kidding~hehe